The schedule of events for students graduating from Northwest Christian University has been announced.
Graduation is in the Morse Events Center on campus located at the corner of Alder Street and 11th Avenue on Sat., May 6, 2017, with the Commencement Ceremony beginning at 10:00 am.
Graduation festivities begin with Senior Chapel and Cutting of the Ivy on Tuesday, April 25, 2017, at 11 am in the Morse Event Center. Graduation events include:
April 25, 2017
- Senior Chapel and Cutting of the Ivy – 11:00am Morse Event Center
April 27, 2017
- Honors Convocation – 11:00 am Morse Event Center
- Senior Banquet & Celebration – 6:30 pm Banquet Room
May 3, 2017
- Commencement Walk-Through – 5:30 pm Morse Event Center
- All-Graduate BBQ – 6:15 pm Morse Event Center (Hutchins Hall)
May 5, 2017
- Blessing of the Hands (RN to BSN Graduates) – 4:00 pm Ross Evans Chapel
- Baccalaureate – 7:30pm Ross Evans Chapel
May 6, 2017
- Commencement Check-In – 8:15 am Morse Event Center
- Group Photo – 8:50 am Morse Event Center
- Marching Orders – 9:30 am Morse Event Center
- Graduation – 10:00 am Morse Event Center
More information can be found in the May 2017 Graduation Flyer
Seniors are encouraged to check their campus e-mail and “snail mail” mailboxes for invitations to events and respond accordingly in a timely manner.
Cutting of the Ivy, Baccalaureate, Blessing of the Hands, and Graduation are open to all graduates and their families and friends. Tickets are not required to attend these events. Vehicle parking will be available in the Morse Event Center parking lot as well as along the city streets bordering the campus. A campus map is available at http://www.nwcu.edu/about/location/.
Individual academic programs, campus organizations, music groups, and athletic teams may also have individual graduation gatherings. Students are encouraged to check with their organization’s faculty advisor or team coaches for details.